The Aquatics Management Certificate is entirely web-based and consists of five courses each culminating with an applied assignment that relates to your organization or a case study organization. This course of study provides you with the opportunity to receive individualized feedback from knowledgeable instructors who review the elements of your portfolio.
Upon successful completion of this certificate program, you’ll receive a certificate issued by the Eppley Institute for Parks and Public Lands, Indiana University.
Each course is self-paced and allows for complete flexibility. You may take a couple of months or up to a year to complete the program. The Eppley Institute recommends that you complete one course and all companion assignments each month to ensure maximum retention and connection of material.
- Course 1: Principles of Aquatics Management
- Course 2: Personnel and Training
- Course 3: Risk Management
- Course 4: Aquatics Programming
- Course 5: Maintenance and Equipment
Be able to:
- Form an aquatics team using strategies for recruiting, hiring, and training
- Formulate an emergency action plan that is informed by risk management and safety procedures
- Select, develop, and implement aquatic programs for your facility
- Design a maintenance program that identifies safety equipment and adheres to maintenance and safety codes
The course will be most beneficial for new and existing aquatic managers. To successfully complete the certificate program portfolio pieces, it is recommended that students have sustained access to an aquatics facility.