Power and influence are important tools for leading parks and recreation agencies at all levels. Understanding how one accrues and uses power to influence decision-making is really understanding politics. Through this webinar, learners will better understand how they can take advantage of political processes and use both hard and soft power to benefit their agencies and communities.
Webinar StructureIntroduction and Administrative
- Welcome and introduction
- Using the webinar tools
- CEU registration on ProValens
- What is politics
- How to define politics using power (hard and soft power)
- Understanding stakeholder influence analysis
- Every community is different
- Smaller community
- Large community
- Develop list of how to act and what to consider in politics
This webcast was conducted through online conferencing software and captured for future viewing. This webcast includes a digital recording of the presentation.
To be awarded an electronic certificate of completion for attending or viewing this webcast, you must successfully complete a brief assessment to demonstrate your understanding of key course concepts.
Be able to:
- Define politics.
- Define hard and soft power.
- Describe how political power affects park and recreation agencies.
Aired: 17 November 2015
This professional development webinar series was brought to you by the Indiana Park and Recreation Association.