In this course, you will learn to select, use, and maintain a portable fire extinguisher. You will learn about the various types of fuels and fires and how to determine whether to fight a fire or escape.
This course is self-paced, allowing learners the flexibility to complete the course as quickly or slowly as they need. While exploring course content, learners can investigate topics in greater detail through enrichment activities that link to real-world examples, original source materials, and policy documents. Learners can easily move from section to section as they navigate through the course, revisiting concepts as needed. elements.
Elements of the course:
- Informational text
- Interactive practice activities
- Learn More opportunities
- Supplemental reference materials
After completing all course activities, you will complete a brief assessment to demonstrate your understanding of key course concepts. Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be awarded a certificate of completion.
- What is Fire?
- Classification of Fuels
- Types of Fire
- Rules for Fighting a Fire
- How to Use a Fire Extinguisher
Be able to:
- Describe the relevant OSHA training timeline and requirements for all employees.
- Describe the interaction between the four parts of a fire tetrahedron.
- Identify the characteristics of and uses for various types of fire extinguishers.
- Determine whether to escape or to extinguish a fire.
- Operate a fire extinguisher.
- Maintain a fire extinguisher.
No background knowledge or skills are required.