This course introduces learners to the Instructor Training Certificate Program. The course provides background information on the certificate program, explores the concept of instructor competencies, and outlines the components and technological elements of the eight-course certificate program.
Please note: While this course can be taken alone, we recommend that you take it as part of the more comprehensive Instructor Training Certificate program. If you are taking the course outside of the certificate program, you will be assessed only via the multiple choice quiz. You are welcome to work on the portfolio assignment, but you will not be able to upload your assignment for individual feedback from our expert course instructors.
This course is self-paced, allowing learners the flexibility to complete the course as quickly or slowly as they need. While exploring course content, learners can investigate topics in greater detail through enrichment activities that link to real-world examples, original source materials, and policy documents. Learners can easily move from section to section as they navigate through the course, revisiting concepts as needed.
Elements of the course:
- Informational text
- Interactive practice activities
- Engaging videos
- Learn More opportunities
- Supplemental reference materials
After completing all course activities, you will complete a brief assessment to demonstrate your understanding of key course concepts. Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be awarded a certificate of completion.
- Program Background
- Components of the Instructor Training Program for Parks and Public Lands Certificate
- Learning Resources for Parks and Public Lands Certificate
Be able to:
- Explain why employees of parks and public lands agencies need professional training.
- Define competency.
- Describe the components of the Instructor Training Certificate Program.
- Identify learning resources for the Instructor Training Certificate Program e-courses and additional assignments for the certificate.
- Explain the purpose of these learning resources.
This course may also be taken by anyone who desires to update their qualifications and further build their training skills.