Prior to the training event, participants will complete a worksheet on the focus of mentoring in their field and organization; i.e. what key skills, knowledge would be important to support in the emerging workforce.
The components of this training include:
- An introduction to mentoring and the roles mentors play in an organization and with their mentees
- Mentor development and training
- Characteristics of good mentoring relationships
- Mentor assessment and evaluation of the mentoring program
The day-long session would include breakout groups focusing on the scenarios mentors encounter. Groups will develop and report solutions and strategies, using role playing. The participants will explore what mentoring is and what it isn’t. In addition, facilitated discussion will direct participants toward the construction of mentoring program outline for their organization
Process / Details:
This would be a great one-two day workshop hosted on location at an agency/organization with the final product being the mentoring program outline.
Be able to:
After this training, the participant will:
- Summarize the basic competencies and key skills associated with mentoring
- Design a mentor development training plan for his/her organization
- Explain the organizational, professional, and personal benefits of mentoring
- Identify qualities of good mentor and mentee candidates
- Organize resources necessary to implement and operate a mentoring program
Please contact us for more information about setting up this workshop for your organization. Select "Workshop" on the contact form, here.