Wilderness management often involves monitoring in order to adapt quickly to threats. This course will discuss the importance of natural resource monitoring and what resources are appropriate to monitor in wilderness.
Elements of the course:
- Informational text
- Interactive practice activities
- Learn More opportunities
- Supplemental reference materials
- Final assessment
After completing all course activities, you will complete a brief assessment to demonstrate your understanding of key course concepts. Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be awarded a certificate of completion.
- Key Terms
- Need for Monitoring
- Monitoring Goals and Objectives
- Program Development
Be able to:
- Explain why monitoring natural resources in wilderness is important.
- Identify resources that are appropriate to monitor in the wilderness you are managing.
You must complete the free The Wilderness Act of 1964 and the Minimum Requirements Analysis courses before beginning this course. It is recommended that you also complete Natural Resource Management in Wilderness: Fundamentals before beginning the course. The Wilderness Act of 1964, Minimum Requirements Analysis, and other e-courses can be found at provalenslearning.com.