In this webinar participants will learn to think about green space as a canvas; a piece of art where people can interact with everyday landscape in a new and temporary way. Ralf Witthaus, International Land-Artist based in Germany, will provide examples from the Federal Lawn Show in Cologne and other lawnmower drawings to teach a creative and alternative approach to incorporate art in public parks.
About the Presenter
Ralf Witthaus, Crailsheim, Germany is international Land-Artist. He will provide examples from the Federal Lawn Show in Cologne and other lawnmower drawings to teach a creative and alternative approach to incorporate art in public parks.
This webcast was conducted through online conferencing software and captured for future viewing. This webcast includes a digital recording of the presentation and a download of the presentation.
To be awarded an electronic certificate of completion for attending or viewing this webcast, you must successfully complete a brief assessment to demonstrate your understanding of key course concepts.
Be able to:
- Understand the positive impacts of incorporating art in parks.
- Better identify the character of a place and the many possibilities to incorporate site specific design into public art e.g. cultural and historical values.
- Involve community in the design of public spaces in relation to art.
- Utilize different communication strategies to inform the public about the intrinsic value of parks.
- Have knowledge of temporary artistic interventions to create lively public spaces.
Aired: 8 December 2016