Managers and staff responsible for online training programs
Prior to the training event, contracting organization will identify at least one e-training program to evaluate. Eppley will review the program and prepare the participants for Quality Matters evaluation. Half-day workshop will require no further preparation. Full-day workshop will require pre-workshop data collection on the Quality Matters criteria for application in the training.
The components of this half-day training include:
- Introduction to the Quality Matters methodology
- Discussion of data sources in training programs and how to manage data
- Group work on incorporating data in program improvement
The day-long session would include a facilitated review of one of the contracting agency’s e-training programs using the Quality Matters approach. The participants will look at real data from their program, and come away with strategies for incorporating those data into program planning and improvement.
Process / Details:
Effective evaluation goes further than participant feedback, and the Quality Matters approach offers a manageable template for getting usable information about programming. Participants will examine eight features of an online education program offered by their agency. Criterion-based measures will then provide participants with the tools they need to focus program improvement.
Be able to:
After this training, the participant will:
- Describe the purpose and benefits of formative evaluation of online training and education programs
- Implement an innovative approach to formative evaluation of e-training programs
- List eight key features of e-training and criteria for evaluating those features
- Transform evaluation data into program improvement using standards-based goal-setting and action-planning approaches
Please contact us for more information about setting up this workshop for your organization. Select "Workshop" on the contact form, here.