You are probably presenting or teaching a class because you are knowledgeable about the subject at hand, but how do you translate that knowledge into an engaging presentation? As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), you must support your content knowledge by learning about your audience’s needs and using appropriate and effective instructional techniques.
This is the final course in the “Ready, Set, Go!” series.
This course is self-paced, allowing learners the flexibility to complete the course as quickly or slowly as they need. While exploring course content, learners can investigate topics in greater detail through enrichment activities that link to real-world examples, original source materials, and policy documents. Learners can easily move from section to section as they navigate through the course, revisiting concepts as needed. This course includes the following elements.
Elements of the course:
- Informational text
- Interactive practice activities
- Learn More opportunities
- Supplemental reference materials
After completing all course activities, you will complete a brief assessment to demonstrate your understanding of key course concepts. Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Be able to:
- List the critical components of classroom setup.
- Describe methods of time management during training.
- Explain how to create an emotionally safe environment.
- Explain the importance of recognizing cultural differences.
- Describe problem-solving methods if a presentation does not go as planned.
- Describe classroom assessment techniques.
- Explain how to administer course evaluations
This one-hour e-course will be beneficial for anyone new to presenting and instruction or for anyone interested in a refresher.