Agency/organization staff and/or management teams
Prior to the training event, workshop participants will be asked to take the Strengths-based Leadership Strength Finders Assessment and review their individual Strengths-based Leadership Report (based on the results from assessment).
The components of this training include:
- Discussion of strengths-based leadership theory and application
- Analysis of collective strengths and weakness with respect to work performance
- Strategizing for improved organizational and team function using strengths-based approaches
The day-long session would include brief lecture, class discussion, small group discussion, and values clarification activities to guide participants toward a common understanding of their team’s work dynamic and potential. Participants will apply their new insight in a group simulation that focuses on work process and effective team problem-solving.
Process / Details:
Using individual data to inform group function can be a sensitive area. Therefore, this facilitated workshop offers flexible approach that allows participants to feel comfortable exploring the concept of strength-based leadership, as well as sharing information with others in small groups, and perhaps the entire class, so as to be able to apply the strength-based leadership model to differing situations.
During the workshop participants will apply specific personal strengths (identified via Gallup’s StrengthsFinder assessment) in a park unit simulation activity completing a series of assignments using the team’s strengths as a basis for work.
Be able to:
After this training, the participant will:
- Identify individual, personal strengths and how those strengths apply to organizational and team function
- Clarify how individual differences in leadership strengths can be used in leading teams, groups, and organizations.
- Apply specific individual and team strengths in organizational settings using the team’s strengths as a basis for work.
- Understand how the overall leadership strengths (and gaps) of a team or organization can affect the team and group work phases of ideation, elaboration, execution, and evaluation.
Please contact us for more information about setting up this workshop for your organization. Select "Workshop" on the contact form, here.