Park and recreation agency management and administrative staff
Some experience with park programming is recommended.
Prior to the training event, research (online, telephone/email interview, if necessary) on organization’s community setting, programming, and facilities will be necessary.
The components of this day-long training include:
- Direct instruction and facilitated review of the organization’s financial potential and programing options
- Case study review of common fee-based recreational programs
- Group activities on strategic programming and partnerships
Participants in this workshop will leave with the tools to evaluate existing and develop new fee-based programming to improve the finical sustainability of their organization. Content addresses each of the key aspects of fee-based programs including marketing, partnerships, fee levels, sponsorships, concessions, participation rates, and program evaluation.
Process / Details:
The workshop is designed for park and recreation professionals working in any environment where fee based programming is offered or considered as an acceptable means of delivering recreation services, such as sports leagues, guided tours, admission fees, or other programs and events.
Be able to:
After this training, the participant will:
- Assess the organization’s fee-based programming
- Evaluate the financial sustainability of existing programming
- Recognize how programming contributes to the culture of a community
- Strategize ways to improve programming and revenue
- Develop targeted partnership engagement plan to improve program viability
- Identify potential sponsorships and concession opportunities
- Create effective marketing campaigns for programs
Please contact us for more information about setting up this workshop for your organization. Select "Workshop" on the contact form, here.